Thursday, July 29, 2004

thats illegal......

Well thats what the email i got from Cox said. Here's the story for those of you who haven't been enlightned. I got my new laptop right and I think it's about time to try out some games on it to see how she does. Well I install Medal of Honor and beat it. I'm thinking to myself " Hey that was fun. I wonder if there are any other WWII games that I might like. So I stop by my local Bit Torrent site, Suprnova.org, to see what they got. I hear that Call of Duty is a good one, so I proceed to download it. Well, its going really slow and I leave it open for 2-3 days. Then finally I decide to give up and I cancel the download with only about 10% complete. The following day I get this email from Cox. They say that someone has informed them that I am using my connection to post or transmit material that is against their copyright. Half way through I am thinking, " Cox just sent this because I am using up alot of bandwith and they want to scare me from downloading anymore." Then I find attached the email that Cox got from the Entertainment Software Association. It specifically states that I was sharing the game Call of Duty through Bit Torrent on those specific dates. Huh, this isn't a fake. Cox says that if I dont delete the "offending material" within 24 hours they will delete my accounts and cancel my service.

So I did that. Now for those of you who wish to see the email click here.

And be warned..

....they are watching.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad Witty said...

you gotta be careful, cowboy. "the man" is getting better and better at catching people downloading stuff they deem illegal. although they probably only caught on to it because you were downloading it for so long.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home