Thursday, February 24, 2005

Prayer Request (Updated)

Hey guys.. I just got off the phone with my dad. When I called him he was crying because he had found out about 5 minutes before that my uncle Frank in Utah has cancer. This is my dad's brother. My uncle sent him an email saying that he only has about 2-3 weeks to live. I don't know any details, and I didn't want to ask because my dad is absolutely devastated. My dad refuses to accept this and he asked me to pray for him. Any support would be appreciated. Thanks.

Update- My uncle talked to some doctors and he has colon cancer. He will be operated on in two weeks. The doctors feel they can cut out all or most of the tumors. There is also either cancer or a cyst on his liver. The doctors told him that they feel they can surgically remove the tumors, but he will have to go through chemotherapy (which is very painful and ongoing). Yesterday Frank expected to live just a few weeks. Today he was told that with a successful surgery and chemotherapy, he expects to have his prognosis extended to two or three years. Of course, with today's technology and lots of prayer, he can be completely cured and outlive us all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad Witty said...

that's awesome to hear.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home