Sunday, May 22, 2005

And now for something completely different...



There is just something sexy about french toast.

My sister graduated on saturday. The pastor at the church I used to go to spoke at the bacclaureate, and he had a nice little message about what some of the major biblical characters would say to graduates, but he had this metaphor about running laps at the end of a marathon and he kept using it and using it until it became very

But what could I do. Then at the actual graduation ceremony Dick Armey spoke. And he quoted bible verses talking about family and he cried and was overall very emotional and I didn't understand it. But a lot of old white ladies were nodding their hair-frozen-with-hairspray heads and saying things like "uh huh" and "that's right" and "yes lord" and for a few minutes it felt like I was at a baptist revival type thing. But it was ok. And since my sister has 51 kids in her class, the whole thing went along quickly and I can't complain. I got to dress up anyway.

This is a very silly commercial from boingboing.net. I don't know if any of you go there, but if you do you have probably seen it.

I saw this movie called Focus

It stars William H. Macy, whom I really like, as a guy in an anti-semitic New York area during World War II. And it gets pretty nasty. More sad nasty than gross nasty, but nasty. But it just about shocked me. I had no idea that there were such strong anti-semitic feelings in America at that time. I knew that everyone was weary of Japanese-Americans, and sad as that all is I can see where the fear would come from. But it's not like Jewish people have been a threating force. At least not that I know of. Anyway, it made me wonder what other skeleton's America has in the closet. I'm moving to Italy.

4 Comments:

Blogger mollycrowe said...

I want to run away to Italy. That used to be my away message for a long time.

3:28 AM  
Blogger mollycrowe said...

oh boys.

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you tellem molly

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

raise your hand if you've ever been to italy

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home