Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What do Courteney Cox, Penelope Cruz, Eva Longoria, and Margaret Atwood have in common?

The answer is apparently me.


My Heritage allows users to sumbit photos to determine which celebrity they most closely resemble. I took three quick pictures of myself, according to their specifications (large, face only, no smiling) after my facebook picture wouldn't work. I guess there are no pictures of people on the phone in their celebridatabase. First I submitted the picture in which I have a slight smile. The computer told me I look 72% like Courteney Cox. I wasn't displeased with this result but I wasn't thrilled either. I decided to try again. Next I submitted the straight faced picture. The result this time was Penelope Cruz, though I am 90% certain that the picture they provided was of Salma Hayek. Never in my life will anyone compare me to Penelope or Salma. This software is faulty. Next I used the washed out picture, which told me I look like Eva Longoria. Laughable. I decided to submit a picture of me smiling because I think my teeth are a big part of the way I look and if I looked more like myself, the result would be someone who looks a little more like me. I've been told that I resemble Anne Hathaway (ew), Amanda Peet, Kate Beckinsale (yeah right), and some girl from a show with Janice Dickinson. I sat waiting, as the picture scanned, waiting for one of these ladies to pop up and who do I get...Margaret Atwood! The lesson I have learned here is, if at first you don't succeed....quit while you're ahead.

Now everyone has to do it and post your results either in comment or picture form.

Note to Mac users: The site does not support Safari so you have to use Explorer or Firefox.
Also, after it failed to find a match for my phone picture, it made me register to do it again.

8 Comments:

Blogger Just In said...

im trying to post my results but Blogger's photo uploader keep timing out.

1:15 PM  
Blogger graham said...

to make things easier I have posted my results on my blog.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Bibbs said...

I got David Arquette

4:24 PM  
Blogger packse said...

haha, josh maybe we should get married?

5:25 PM  
Blogger brian smith said...

haha wild stuff...

Here are mine

8:32 PM  
Blogger Just In said...

apparently i look like hot girls and strange men.

my results here

12:50 AM  
Blogger packse said...

haha, you do kinda look like an asian male version of kate winslet.

11:17 AM  
Blogger mollsy said...

My results are on my site.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home